For the New Year

Hopefully everyone had a wonderful holiday, and are looking forward to the New Year.  Here at TRCP, we are changing a few things up. 

 

Machining and fabrication will resume as soon as possible once things are a little more stable.  With that being said, work dominated most of my life this past year and took me abroad often.  Now that I have returned, I want to delve deeper into the Trinus 3D printer we acquired earlier this year. 

 

IMG_3499.JPG

The Trinus is a pretty solid little printer for the price, and it performs better than our previous Solidoodle.  For a review of the Trinus, please checkout the YouTube channel here .

 

Although the Trinus is not for final fabrication, we will be experimenting and uploading videos weekly to document.

 

Also, we will be adding “The Roller Coaster Project” shirts on our soon to be added store page for purchase.  That way you can show your support for The Biggest Little Rides to Ever Be. 

 

Enjoy Your Ride!

David

Update - December 15, 2017

It’s been a chaotic year.  Most of it has taken me overseas for work.  More updates on that will come early next year.  But, all the while I have not forgotten about The Roller Coaster Project. 

IMAGE.JPG

Skywarp Lead Coach

 

In all, it was a successful IAAPA trade show.  There were many vendors exhibiting VR ride experiences.  Having riden a few rides with such apparatus, I find them to be a bit gimmicky in their current state.  But who knows what will happen with future developments. 

 

As for building the coasters, I will be working on releasing more content.  Since there are a few things in the works in my personal life, it has hindered some of the development of the mini rides.  Nevertheless, I will work to update the blog regularly with my workings and will upload more YouTube videos accordingly.   

 

Enjoy Your Ride! 

IMG_3295.JPG

Humbled by a young industry professional and fan. 

I'm back...sort of.

I know it's been a tremendously long time since my last blog post, or any post for that matter, but I will now try to send a few things out on occasion. 

 

Currently, I am abroad for work and unable to continue building the biggest little ride ever.  However, I will try to update calculations and designs while abroad and maybe some photos depending on what I am able to show.  Cryptic, I know...  

 

Just a few of my ventures. 

 

HTR  

HTR

 

IMG_1152.JPG

And more work. 

 

Enjoy! 

An update

Although it's been a while, here's a little update.  Soon we will be making a trip to the west coast (the best coast I hear) and producing Part 2 of our roller coaster car in California. 

 

We will be taking a GoPro with us and documenting the festivities that take place.  But once we return to reality our machining will once again begin! 

 

The Taig Enclosure  

The Taig Enclosure  

As you can see, the mill is vertical and a few of the motors are mounted.  Soon the enclosure will be fully finished and more cars will be coming off ready to be assembled. 

 

In the mean time, we have been doing some calculations and design wrap ups and we are looking forward to building this li'l wooden coaster.   

 

image.jpg

The New Drill Press

Since the move, I got to thinking: "what about a more powerful drill press that'll allow me to changes arbors and make threads?" 

 

 

A Broncos Fan  

A Broncos Fan  

The new drill press is a Wen 12" press with a MT2 taper.  This bad boy has some serious power and sufficient rigidity.  Perhaps the best thing is currently in the mail and on its way: a tapping head. 

 

Since most of the roller coaster car designs incorporate a tremendous amount of tapped holes, the new drill press is up for the challenge with the new tapping head. 

Updates around the "shop."

It has been a while since our last update via written word, but many things have changed.  To start, if you've been following along on our YouTube channel, you'll notice there was a move to a new location.  With this move we've had to come up with new ways and means to produce miniature rides.  Mainly the machining, that is.

In order to machine inside the new apartment, albeit not ideal, we are having to build a machine enclosure.  Upon weighing the 80/20 versus wood frame options, we decided the wood was cheapest and customizable.  After trying to seal the various openings and gaps in the wooden boards, and becoming incredibly high from caulk fumes, the enclosure will get a few coats of polyurethane sealant.

Soon we should be up and running with machining and a possible product for the world to adore.